All Collections
What happens if I’m referred to a debt resolution agency?
What happens if I’m referred to a debt resolution agency?

Find out more about our debt resolution agency and repayment plans

Updated over a week ago

If you’ve been referred to our debt resolution agency – Credit Resource Solutions (CRS) – it’s because you have an outstanding balance that’s overdue by 60 days or more. This means you won’t be able to use Zilch and any payments you try to make will be declined until your balance has been cleared.

We’ve put together this guide to tell you everything you need to know...

Who are CRS?

Credit Resource Solutions (CRS) is a customer-focused digital debt resolution agency, who’ll support you with a debt repayment plan.

What do CRS do?

CRS’s ultimate aim is to arrange a repayment plan with you to clear your outstanding balance and get things sorted as easily and quickly as possible.

Why am I being passed over to CRS?

CRS has been appointed by Zilch to help customers clear their balance by offering various repayment methods, including paying by Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay. They can also help arrange repayment plans that look at your current income and expenditure, helping you to have more control over your finances.

Can I still pay through Zilch?

Once your account has been passed over to CRS, you can no longer make payments through Zilch – you’ll need to liaise with them directly.

How do I contact CRS?

You can contact CRS via live chat on their website – – or you can call them on +441422 324510. Their lines are open Monday–Friday, 8am–6pm and Saturday, 9.30am–12.30pm. Try logging on to their website first, though. They’ve made it as super easy to access your account and it’s available 24/7.

What happens after I clear my balance?

Once your balance has been cleared, CRS will inform Zilch. Then we can begin the process of getting your Zilch account set back up.

Is this going to impact my credit history?

We report to credit reference agencies, such as Experian, which means that any late payments you make may negatively impact your credit score. This could make it more difficult or expensive for you to get credit in the future. Making payments directly to CRS will not affect your credit score.

What if I didn’t set up a Zilch account?

If you feel like the account was set up fraudulently, please contact us with as much information as possible and our fraud team will investigate.

How do I raise a dispute?

As management of your account has now been passed over to CRS, please provide any details of your dispute directly with the CRS team, so they can conduct an investigation on your behalf.

Can I add my Zilch balance to an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) or debt management plan (DMP)?

Yes, you can provide this information to CRS directly. They'll just need the name of your debt management agency and the reference number associated with the plan.

What happens if I’ve added my Zilch balance to my debt relief order?

For this to be valid, you’ll need to provide evidence that you’ve added Zilch to your debt relief order. You should have a digital file, given to you from the Insolvency Service, which you can share with us.

What happens if I’ve been made bankrupt?

If you’ve been made bankrupt, please contact us with your bankruptcy reference number.

Did this answer your question?